Diagnostic Tests for Glaucoma
- Tonometry: measuring intraocular pressure
- Ophthalmoscopy: visualization of the optic nerve and retina through a dilated eye exam
- Visual Field Testing: test of the peripheral vision of each eye. This is a functional test of the optic nerve. Information on Visual Field Test.
- Goinoscopy: examination of the drainage angles (where drainage channels are located) of each eye.
- Pachymetry: measurement of the thickness of the cornea
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): measurement of retinal nerve fiber layer
- Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT): laser measurement of optic nerve architecture