Glaucoma Eye Exams
- Tonometry-Intraocular Pressure (IOP) measurement.
- Ophthalmoscopy-Examination of the optic nerve through a dilated pupil which may be performed using special instruments or a high magnification lens at the Slit Lamp Biomicroscope.
- Visual Field Perimetry-A computerized examination to plot an actual map of the field of your vision.
- Gonioscopy-Direct examination of the drainage structures of your eye called “trabecular meshwork”-using a specialized contact lens at the Slit Lamp Biomicroscope.
- Computerized Imaging of Optic Nerve & Fibers-OCT uses a method called “optical coherence tomography” to create digital images with beams of light to examine the optic nerve and measure the retinal nerve fiber thickness.
- Pachymetry Measurement of Corneal Thickness
From this testing our doctors will be able to make a diagnosis and recommendations for additional visits and treatment as required. They will be sure to answer all questions you may have and help you understand how we will work together to help maintain your eye health & vision.