Cynthia Matossian, MD, FACS, is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Matossian Eye Associates, an integrated ophthalmology and optometry private practice with locations in Mercer County, New Jersey, and Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Matossian Eye Associates offers a complete range of preventive and corrective eye care, detection and treatment of eye diseases, and eye surgery using the most advanced technology available, including the latest microsurgical techniques and advanced technology implants. From the “best fitting” contact lenses to board certified specialists in Cataract, Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea, LASIK, and Oculoplastics, Matossian Eye Associates’ philosophy is to provide outstanding medical and surgical outcomes with uncompromising patient care.
Dr. Matossian specializes in the treatment and management of Dry Eye disease, providing the latest diagnostic and treatment options to optimize the ocular surface. A graduate of the Hershey Medical Center of Penn State University, Dr. Matossian completed her Residency in Ophthalmology at George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, DC. Founder of Matossian Eye Associates in 1987, Dr. Matossian is a board certified, ophthalmologist who is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Board of Eye Surgery, a board member for several health facilities and is recognized as one of America’s top Ophthalmologists by the Consumer Research Bureau. Dr. Matossian also serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology (Adjunct) at Temple University School of Medicine; a Clinical Instructor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School; a Clinical Instructor at the American Academy of Family Physicians; and a Faculty Member and Mentor for the Surgical Mentor Resident Program, Bausch & Lomb Surgical.
Dr. Matossian has had the distinct honor of being named one of the 300 Premier Surgeon Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery by Ocular Surgery News as well as a Surgeon of Excellence by American Medical Optics for being on the cutting edge of cataract technology. She has also been named one of the Top 25 Leading Women Entrepreneurs in New Jersey, one of US News and World Report’s Top Docs, one of New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business, one of Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business, an Outstanding Female Ophthalmic Leader, a winner of the 2016 SmartCEO New Jersey Brava Awards, and a recipient of Ophthalmic World Leaders Visionary Award.
Cynthia Matossian, MD is an active member of numerous associations, a thought leader, and pioneer in her field who speaks nationally and internationally, is frequently published, and participates in many clinical trials each year.
Cynthia Matossian, MD, FACS Specializes In:
- The diagnosis and treatment of Dry Eye Disease through our Certified Dry Eye Center
Dr. Matossian has active staff privileges at Capital Health in Hopewell, NJ and Doylestown Hospital in Bucks County, PA, and consulting privileges at the Medical Center at Princeton University. She is also one of the founders and co-owners of the Surgery Center of Central New Jersey, an ambulatory surgery center affiliated with the Wills Eye Hospital Network. Dr. Matossian serves as the official team ophthalmologist for the Trenton Thunder, a Class AA Affiliate of the New York Yankees.
- Editorial Board Member, Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today (CRST)
- Editorial Board Member, Ophthalmology Management (OM)
- Editorial Board Member, Ocular Surgery News (OSN)
- Board Member, American College of Eye Surgeons (ACES)
- Steering Committee Member, Ophthalmic Women Leaders’ Professionals in Practice (OWL’s PIP)
- Member, American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery (AECOS)
- Sports Ophthalmology Society of the Americas
- Women Interested in Medicine at Princeton University
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Volunteer Mentor, Ophthalmic Women Leaders (OWL)
- Women in Ophthalmology (WIO)
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Founding Member, Capital Women in Philanthropy
- Medical Society of New Jersey and Mercer County
- Medical Society of Bucks County (PA)
- Armenian Eye Care Project