Cynthia Matossian, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Ophthalmologist & Dry Eye Specialist
Cynthia Matossian, M.D., F.A.C.S. is an Ophthalmologist & Dry Eye Specialist and the Founder of Matossian Eye Associates in Pennington & Hamilton NJ and Doylestown in Bucks County, PA. She received her medical degree from the Penn State College of Medicine and completed a residency in Ophthalmology at George Washington Medical Center in Washington, D.C. University. Dr. Matossian holds appointments as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology (Adjunct) at Temple University School of Medicine, Clinical Instructor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Clinical Instructor at the American Academy of Family Physicians and is a Faculty Member and Mentor for the Surgical Mentor Resident Program of Bausch & Lomb Surgical and Johnson & Johnson Surgical.
In addition to caring for patients with regular eye health and vision needs, Dr. Matossian specializes in the treatment and management of dry eye disease, providing the latest diagnostic and treatment options to optimize the ocular surface. She provides comprehensive dry eye testing, consultation and treatment including LipiView®, TearLab® & InflammaDry testing & treatment with IPL, LipiFlow®, TearCare® as well as providing eye exams for comprehensive eye ex, cataract surgery & lens implants, glaucoma, floaters, retinal detachment, macular degeneration (AMD) & diabetic retinopathy.
Diagnosis and treatment of dry eye disease through our Certified Dry Eye Center including comprehensive dry eye testing, consultation and treatment such as LipiView®, TearLab® & InflammaDry testing & treatment with IPL, LipiFlow®, TearCare® .
- Capital Health in Hopewell, NJ
- Doylestown Hospital in Bucks County, PA
- Consulting privileges at the Medical Center at Princeton University
Dr. Matossian is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO), a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.), a member of and current President of the American Board of Eye Surgery (A.B.E.S.). She is recognized as one of America’s top Ophthalmologists by the Consumer Research Bureau and as a one of 300 Premier Surgeon Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery by Ocular Surgery News as well as a Surgeon of Excellence by American Medical Optics for being on the cutting edge of cataract technology. She has also been named one of the Top 25 Leading Women Entrepreneurs in New Jersey, one of US News and World Report’s Top Docs, one of New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business, one of Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business, an Outstanding Female Ophthalmic Leader, a winner of the 2016 SmartCEO New Jersey Brava Awards, and a recipient of Ophthalmic World Leaders Visionary Award. Dr. Matossian serves as the official team ophthalmologist for the Trenton Thunder, a Class AA Affiliate of the New York Yankees.
- Editorial Board Member, Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today (CRST)
- Editorial Board Member, Ophthalmology Management (OM)
- Editorial Board Member, Ocular Surgery News (OSN)
- Board Member and President, American College of Eye Surgeons (ACES)
- Vice President, New York Intraocular Lens Implant Society (NYIOLIS)
- Steering Committee Member, Ophthalmic Women Leaders’ Professionals in Practice (OWL’s PIP)
- Sports Ophthalmology Society of the Americas
- Women Interested in Medicine at Princeton University
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Volunteer Mentor, Ophthalmic Women Leaders (OWL)
- Director of Development, Women in Ophthalmology (WIO)
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Founding Member, Capital Women in Philanthropy
- Medical Society of New Jersey and Mercer County
- Medical Society of Bucks County (PA)
- Armenian Eye Care Project