Sebastian Lesniak, M.D.
Cornea Specialist & Cataract Surgeon
Sebastian Lesniak, M.D. is an Ophthalmologist, Corneal Specialist & Cataract Surgeon at Matossian Eye Associates in Pennington & Hamilton NJ and Doylestown in Bucks County, PA. Dr. Lesniak received his medical degree from the Rutgers University-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick NJ and completed a residency in Ophthalmology at Rutgers-UNDNJ Newark followed by a fellowship in cornea & anterior segment surgery at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia.
In addition to caring for patients regular eye health and vision needs, Dr. Lesniak specializes in routine as well as complex cataract surgery and the medical and surgical treatment of all types of corneal diseases including full thickness and endothelial corneal transplants (DSEK and DMEK), complex cataract surgery, collagen crosslinking for keratoconus and anterior segment reconstruction surgery. He has a special interest in laser cataract surgery and the use of advanced intraocular lens implants, including toric lens implants to correct astigmatism and multifocal lenses to help cataract surgery patients reduce their dependence on eyeglasses, bifocals or reading glasses after cataract surgery. As a corneal specialist, Dr. Lesniak performs laser eye surgery such as LASIK for vision correction of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism to help patients get free of the hassle of eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Medical and surgical treatment of corneal diseases including full thickness and endothelial corneal transplants (DSEK and DMEK), cataract surgery including post-LASIK, complex and traumatic cataracts, femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery, presbyopia-correcting and astigmatism-correcting lens implants and refractive surgery including LASIK and PRK.
- Capital Health in Hopewell, NJ
- Doylestown Hospital in Bucks County, PA
- Surgery Center of Central New Jersey, an ambulatory surgery center affiliated with the Wills Eye Hospital Network.
Dr. Lesniak is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO), a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).
Honors & Awards
- The Rev. James F. Reilly Humanitarian Award Rutgers University Ophthalmology Residency Program
- Milman Award Rutgers University Ophthalmology Residency Program
- Best Presentation Award – Research Symposium on Child Health Rutgers University Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Summer Research Fellowship Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate Rutgers University
- Research Funding from National Science Foundation Undergraduate Research Fellowship Rutgers University
- School of Engineering Honors Program Rutgers University
- Outstanding Scholars Recruitment Program Scholarship Rutgers University
The following reviews are based on verified patient experiences collected by Ratings.MD. The ratings and comments are submitted by patients after their visit and reflect their own views and opinions.